Monday 31 August 2009

Peace Mountain

On the 11th August, three days after Morakot, I took a trip north by train to rendezvous with a friend who had driven south from Taipei - we met halfway for a sightseeing trip up into the mountain range called Taipingshan ('Peace Mountain'). It's only now that I feel comfortable to blog about it because I felt a bit guilty in the days immediately following the trip that I had 'had a nice day out' while people in the south of the island were facing disaster. The extent of the damage down south was only just beginning to be fully apparent, and certainly, as I have said before, Hualien was spared damage. In Taipei the 8th of August had turned out to be a quiet sunny day... But I still felt dodgy.



Anyway, now I've got that off my chest, here are a couple of pictures and a 'moving photo' from our walk in the woods at altitude 2000m. If you open the movie, see if you can hear the cicada!







No comments: